Throughout July, Niobrara State Park will hold a variety of family-friendly events for outdoor enthusiasts of all ages.
Scheduled events are:
• July 1, National Park Service (NPS) Presents “MNRR – a National Park:” Learn more about the Missouri National Recreational River, and visit with rangers about the events that led to the establishment of a section of the river as a park.
• July 2, Buffalo Cookout: The evening will feature country music performed by John and Susan McNeill.
• July 3, Sidewalk Chalk Art with Bird and Emerald Ash Borer Program: A naturalist program for kids will follow the sidewalk art project.
• Weekdays July 5-29, Water Aerobics Classes.
• July 9, NPS Special Event: Children will participate in interactive activities at an educational trailer.
• July 15-16, Becoming an Outdoors-Woman – Niobrara/Missouri River Kayaking Trip: This program is designed to teach more advanced kayaking skills.
• July 15, NPS presents “Lewis and Clark Program”: Learn more about the historic journey.
• July 16, Fun Day at Niobrara: The day will feature geocaching, entertainment and a buffalo cookout.
• July 23, Kite Day: Bring your favorite kite or borrow one from the park.
Niobrara State Park is located west of Niobrara in Knox County. A park entry permit is required. For more information, call 402-857-3373.