The public is invited to Schreier's Lumber on Saturday from 9 am to 12 pm to help them celebrate 120 years of business in Verdigre. Refreshments will be served.
Schreier's Lumber dates back to 1895 when Emil Schreier purchased the Horton Bros. lumberyard in Verdigre. It has been in the family since then. Philip, Virgil, Steve, and Chris are all still active in the business today.
The business still operates out of the same yard building that was built in 1918, the year after the original yard on the site burned down. The concrete plant was established in 1966, and upgraded in 2010. Today it is located to the northeast of the main yard building. A 40'x80' storage building was added in 2004 east of the main building.